Monday, July 9, 2012

First foray into Self Publishing


My first foray into self-publishing begins this week now that I have the rights back to my three Regency Romantic Intrigues published in hardcover by Robert Hale.

So far I've commissioned artist Lyn Taylor to do the lovely cover. I'm hoping that by the end of the week I'll have done the in-between bits and it'll be available on Amazon. Also, that the process will be started for paperback editions.

Others who've blazed the trail before me have been very helpful with their advice and my darling husband came back from his overseas trip two nights ago with a neat little book outlining tips and pitfalls.

I'm looking forward to beginning and am in the process of going through the book again and making a few changes, though the story line will remain the same as outlined below:
Lady Sarah's Redemption 
When spoiled heiress Lady Sarah Miles assumes the identity of a drowned governess to escape marriage to her best friend, James, she thinks her troubles will be over within the fortnight.

Arriving at the grand estate of reformist MP Roland Hawthorne to take charge of the tortured widower's rebellious sixteen-year-old daughter, Caro, Sarah is caught up in a web of deceit that goes far beyond her own charade.

As Sarah battles her conscience, her courage is tested to extremes when she risks her own reputation to save Caro's. What began as an attempt to win Roland's affections now has all their lives hanging in the balance. Even if Roland forgives her, it may be too late. 

1 comment:

  1. Looks really exciting and the cover looks lovely. Keep us posted :D

    ReplyDelete