Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Short-listed for Choc-Lit's Search for an Australian Voice

Very excited!

I've been shortlisted for Choc-Lit's Search for An Australian Star competition for my Regency Intrigue, The Reluctant Bride under my Beverley Eikli name. It won the RW-NZ Single Title competition years ago, the second half has been rewritten numerous times, I've softened the heroine and upped the intrigue and now enough readers have liked it to get it shortlisted. The winner will be announced on Dec 17.

4 comments:

  1. What a fantastic accomplishment! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Jeanne. I'll keep everyone posted!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of us at CS Scribes will be keeping our fingers crossed for you, Beverley! As they say, being short listed is as good as winning, but we all know nothing beats gaining first prize! I've obviously got some work to do to get myself up-to-date with all the novels you've written since our first meeting. We all feel very lucky to have such an accomplished writer as facilitator of our little group.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, Chris, that is so sweet. Thank you so much! And as you'll see from my update... I won!!

    I'm so impressed by the dedication of CS scribes. It's sticking to one's course that gets you there. Talent is important, but perseverance is more so. And all of you are so committed. Your writing is beautiful. You'll get where you want. I can tell.

    ReplyDelete