Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Reluctant Bride cover

My new cover - isn't it beautiful? 
This morning started off with a great surprise - my new cover!

The Reluctant Bride is my winning Choc-Lit entry for their Search for an Australian Star competition. I entered the comp by the August 31 deadline last year and was amazed and thrilled when I was announced the winner on December 17, 2012.

Since then I've been made to feel so warmly welcomed by the Choc-Lit tribe or family.

New Zealand author Zana Bell came on board around the same time with a New Zealand-set historical romance so I think that, all up, we're about 14 authors.

The Reluctant Bride will be published in September 2013. I'd love to be there for the official release, but I'll be in the UK in December. I'm toying with the idea of doing one of my History Through Costume Talks combined with a book signing or author talk.

Right now I'm busy finishing the 1780s costume and Regency costume that I'll be wearing for my first talk at Melton Library next Thursday. I have three of these talks in February, one at the local Gisborne Library on March 14 and a few more throughout the year.

But right now I just have to finish the costume!!

No comments:

Post a Comment