Thursday, September 6, 2012

Hot Down Under Cover Art - and new Amazon release

The first mock-up of proposed cover art in the Hot Down Under erotic short stories has just hit our inboxes with Mel Teshco's 'Under the Light of the Silver Moon'.

Joel Naoum, Momentum's publisher, is asking for input - a refreshing change when as an author one usually has little say.

I had a dream the other night I got the cover art back for Her Gilded Prison, my forthcoming release with Ellora's Cave. The previous evening I'd sent off the Author Art Information in which it makes it quite clear that once the author has provided the essential details to the artist, that's where communication regarding the cover ceases.

Well, my dream was that I received the cover art for my erotic Regency Romance and it featured ... yes, wait for it ... a woman sharing a sleeping bag with three men in the back of a fighter jet.

What turned it from dream to nightmare was 'knowing' that I couldn't change it as the fault 'obviously' lay with me in failing to communicate the essential details.

And now it really is time to wrap up the evening. Mel's cover is looking absolutely fabulous with its Hot Down Under Momentum branding - the red stripe down the side. And I know my Ellora's Cave cover is going to look great too - and be true to the period. (So, no, I'm really not worried.)

I had a great day's teaching Short Story at Vic Uni today, and now I must prepare myself for a busy day editing and preparing to upload to Amazon my previously hard cover Regency Romance, A Little Deception.

It was nominated Favourite Historical Romance in 2011 by ARRA (Australian Romance Readers Association) however now that I have the rights back I'm going to up the heat level. I had so many readers complain that they got left behind at the bedroom door. It was one of the reasons I moved on to writing for Ellora's Cave and Total-E-Bound. However, my neat little experiment is that the hard cover will be for 'your elderly aunt' while 'you' can read the e-book and paperback version with all the heat and steam between hero and heroine which some readers felt was missing.

Then you can discuss the plot surrounding the diamond heist and the dastardly plotting sister-in-law with auntie rather than the heat level. That way, hopefully everyone's happy and I, too, will have had a little extra fun.

So look out for it. It'll be upon Amazon in the next few days.


No comments:

Post a Comment